We hope you can join us May 6th from 9-12 at the Waldo County Technical Center for our next maker/fix-it event. We will be tag-teaming with the Waldo County Soil and Water District as they hold their annual plant sale. The event will focus on sharing skills and information for working in your yard and garden this spring.
We’re excited to be getting the help and knowledge from so many incredible community resources and organizations!
- Belfast Transition on permaculture and their work at the Head of the Tide preserve.
- Pruning Tool maintenance by Neill Peterson of Ace Sharpening. Neill will offer demos at 9:30 and 11:00, with the opportunity for participants to sharpen one pruning tool each, time allowing.
- Cobb Birdhouse how to demo with Autumn Cassity and Beth Borch
- DIY worm/compost tower, demo, with tips and resources to build your own
- Tool Handle Making and Repair: Tanner Wilcox of Libery Tool will have an ongoing demo of how he carves tool handles, including the best tools and woods to use.
- The Cooperative Extension will offer information on services they provide to local gardeners.
- Belfast Garden Club will share information on local pollinators and how to attract them to your garden.
- Waldo County Soil and Water District will offer trees and shrubs for sale
- DIY wildflower seed balls, garden labels, and newspaper plant pots.
And thanks to Waldo County Technical School for providing the space and enthusiasm!
This Community really works!